Thursday, March 23, 2006

Beauty is Only Scalp Deep

The following is an AIM conversation I had this morning with one of my best girls, whom we'll call Aphrodite. Aphrodite is the cosmetologist, fashionista, sex kitten, diva of my friends. Such a trooper, she's always on call to bring her salon to a friend's home in the midst of a fashion or style emergency.


Hera: oh my gawd!
Hera: you have to help me!
Aphrodite: oughto
Aphrodite: what's the problem?
Hera: you know that one grey hair i've had since i was about 18?
Hera: the one we always laughed at?
Aphrodite: yes. what about it?

Hera: it's not so funny anymore
Hera: i was looking in the mirror this morning and i noticed there are more
Hera: i counted; there are 11!
Hera: and most of them aren't even grey. they've passed that right up and are white!
Hera: wtf?!?! i'm only in my mid 20s

Hera: this shit cannot stay
Hera: help me please!

Aphrodite: haha
Ahprodite: calm down
Aphrodite: i'll be over with wine and color after work
Hera: that's why you rock my world!

4 comments:

BrewCards said...

My 11 hairs are still the same color.

UnHoly Diver said...

Grey hair, schmey hair...wait till you're my age. :p

BTW...my sis-in-law's hair has been white since she was 25, so cheer up. :)

Deb said...

welcome to my world. there's no going back now. i feel for you.

Oberkfell3B said...

Pictures please, us men do not ahve imagination, and this calls for visual aids.