Thursday, October 30, 2008

Muse

Having been inspired I thought I would share my love for autumn. Being a not so closeted, warm weather, beach bum at heart most people would think that I loathe the onset of winter. On the contrary, you'll be shocked to learn that I actually welcome it. Just as I'm sure Britney is hiding her longing to return to the days of Cheetos and barefooted gas station restroom stops, I conceal my love for the comforts of cooler temperatures. Not anymore. Here are my twenty great things about the change of seasons.


1. Piping hot soup in a bread bowl.
2. Vibrant yellow leaves covering an entire tree.
3. Postseason baseball.
4. Warm, comfy and yet uber sexy sweaters.
5. Little kids in Halloween costumes.
6. Apple cider.
7. Snuggling up on the couch with a blanket, Maverick and watching a movie.
8. Anticipating a huge Thanksgiving dinner.
9. Football.
10. Flaunting my fetish for gloves, scarves and winter hats.
11. Mums.
12. Enjoying time with my wonderful family on the holidays.
13. My favorite TV shows are back from summer vacation.
14. The Heisman Watch.
15. Overusing the Crock-Pot.
16. Gift shopping for the people I love.
17. Hockey.
18. The indescribably comforting feeling of being cocooned under three blankets.
19. Pumpkin carving.
20. Wondering what will be inside the neatly wrapped box(es) under the tree in December.


Who knew there was such a sucker for cheesy nice things hiding under my tomboy persona?!

2 comments:

Inspired Kara said...

This list makes me SMILE!!!

Deb said...

An ice pick in my eye is more pleasurable than autumn. Seriously.