Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Help Wanted

We have a brand spanking new set of mattresses coming our way in a couple of weeks. I am uber stoked about this. The thought of a bigger, cushy bed is so exciting. There is one small hitch in our giddy up though--it's a bigger bed.

We're going from a full to a queen.

As I said, it's the mattress set, so just the box spring and mattress and not the bed. That's immediately the first thing that comes to mind that we need to purchase. We could just find a bed frame as a temporary fix, but that's still something on the list of things to shop for. Then there's the issue of sheets, blankets, a comforter, bed skirt, curtains to coordinate with new bedding and new pillows as ours our worn out. The list goes on and on.

Any ideas on where to look for these items in stylish patterns and hues at don't break the bank prices?

3 comments:

The Wilsons said...

MARSHALLS!!!! TJMAXX!!!!!! They always have stuff on clearance..and always great sheets. I love the robin's egg blue and chocolate brown...or all white is always classic. Also look online at Target...they often have sets on sale.

I may have an extra pair of sheets for queen if you're in a pinch...we have a king now and I only need one set of queen for old bed, which is downstairs.

CityChic said...

YEA! Movin' on up to a queen bed. I totally agree with Jennifer. JC Penny's and Kohl's also have great sheets for a decent price.

White is gutsy, but it is classic. It's almost spring so I think you should go for "Spring" colors, but not too girly.

Make sure to take a picture and post it once you make a decision. Happy Shopping!!!!

Unknown said...

Kohl's!! I heart Kohl's! Super cute, always having AMAZING sales and well, I love Kohl's!