Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Like many Americans I am a sports lover. I thoroughly enjoy watching pretty much every sport known to man. Well, that is pretty much every sport except golf. Watching golf is worse than watching paint dry. Playing golf is a great way to spend ones day. Hours and hours of enjoyment can be had on the links. Hitting a tiny little ball around a beautifully manicured course in the open air is quite lovely. However, watching someone else play golf on a television for four hours is this girls version of waterboarding. But back to my love of sports. My idea of a perfectly lovely day is plopping down on the couch with some snacks and playing armchair coach for awhile.

While I love all sports, one will always reign supreme for me. That's right, America's Pastime, baseball. Any team, any game, any player, I like to watch. However, only one team will ever hold my true love. I live for this team. I breathe for this team. I get so much joy from watching them play.

The only down side to this love is that I also get so much displeasure from watching them lose. It seriously affects my mood. Even now, three whole days after the team was mercilessly and lifelessly swept out of the playoffs, I'm still mad at them. And I sit and I wonder how can I let a professional sports team break my heart so badly?

No comments: