Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Long Sigh

Prior to moving to my current city and job I took an annual vacation to beautiful, tropical locations with my best friend. Those trips were the highlight of my year, every year.

The sub par vacation package at my current employer, dealing with a long-distance relationship and traveling to see my significant other, and adjusting to the increase in cost of living from my old city to my city have prevented me from taking one of my beloved holidays for the last three years.

No longer.

I finally have vacation time and a little nest egg. Maverick and I have (hopeful) plans to enjoy a tropical vacation this fall.

Any suggested destinations?

3 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Somewhere that allows for a big diamond to be presented...I'd go there!

bertas5 said...

Yes the Dominican... Sun Village resort it is called... or St Thomas... or Costa Rica oh yeah... hmmm I bet that best friend misses you going with her.. maybe you should try doing that again... it would be like old times

CityChic said...

My vote is for St. Thomas - great place for a ring to be presented and an opportunity to check it out for me!! I swear if I ever decided to settle down and make that commitment that is where I would get married - and I've never been!