Monday, March 02, 2009

Who Does That - Part XXI

My daily commute takes me past a very popular city park. This park is filled with people engaging in some type of physical activity year round. Regardless of the weather people are always utilizing the fantastic trails and abundance of land. Walking, running, cycling, roller blading, soccer, baseball, softball, football, cross country skiing--basically any type of exercise can be seen in this park.

It is a not a surprise at all to see many people bundled up and running even in the dead of winter. It is, however, a surprise to see people who engage in these physical activities not dressed weather appropriate. Over the course of the last month and a half I have seen one particular such person several times.

In the midst of winter I have witnessed the same woman running in a tank top, shorts and gloves multiple times. What good do gloves do you when you're half naked anyway? Plus, I'm not just talking a sort of tank top or shorts either--shorty shorts and a spaghetti strap number. Nor have the times that I have seen her been on the rare nice days in the middle of January or February. The temperature on each occasion has been below 30. One day it was in the 20s and the ground was covered with six inches of snow!

Being that I am always driving at 30+ mph when I catch a glimpse of this woman I have not been able to snap a picture. I did my best (read awful) attempt to sketch a little drawing of her though, which you will find below.
However ridiculous you find this piece of artwork, multiply it by about 20 and you will understand what I'm talking about.

One other important detail to note--this woman has to be at least 45, meaning she probably shouldn't be wearing the outfit regardless of the weather.



Who does that?

3 comments:

CityChic said...

This entry is priceless! I love your sketch - great addition.

As a runner I understand that when you run you get hot, but in subzero temps you don't get hot enough to shed your clothing, let alone start out wearing next to nothing. It takes me at least the first 1/2 mile to mile to even warm up.

Bottom line - runners are a strange breed!!!

Thanks for the good laugh!!!

WHIT said...

Your sketch made me chuckle.

I hope all is well.

-Whitney

Deb said...

Hey now....no picking on women in their 40's!!! ;) Loved your sketch.