Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Need Rehab

I have a serious addiction problem.

Have you tried these wonderful little drink packet things that you pour into a bottle of water and voila, instant yummy-ness? If you haven't you should.

About a year ago I gave up caffeine cold turkey. I went from four or five Mt. Dews per day to no caffeine at all overnight. This was a HUGE thing for me.

Alas, I still enjoyed soda, just the non-caffeinated kind--Sprite, Root Beer, etc. No diet though. I can't stand the taste of Aspartame. I've never been much of a water drinker either. It's too boring.

However, in an effort to punch up the effort to lose a few pounds I recently decided to try diet soda and other drinks with little to no calories, if only for a little while. That's when I discovered these little bundles of joy.

Heaven!

The only problem is that when I put a powdered packet of goodness into a bottle of water it's so tasty that I down the bottle of water in less than five minutes. As a result, I've been visiting the little girls room way too much!

Now I know what you're saying. "Wait, aren't you notoriously cheap?" Why, yes. Yes, I am. Hence the fact that nine times out of ten I buy the store brand drink packets. Half-price of the brand pictured above!

I've also discovered that adding a little packet of raspberry to a bottle of Diet 7-Up hides that yucky Aspartame flavor perfectly. No more fear of diet soda for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I *heart* the lemonade one!

We survived on those when I was deployed to Iraq...I love them!

CityChic said...

I'm sitting here enjoying the Lipton Raspberry White Tea! I'm gonna have to try the raspberry with Diet 7-Up, sounds delicious!

Cardinal70 said...

I've been drinking the Kool-Aid....literally. And the kids think it's fun as well!