Thursday, December 15, 2005

High, err I Mean ... Good Times

I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the girlfriends I have.
Tonight begins the three day bon voyage extravaganza for a very dear friend. We've been through everything together. We've survived junior high, high school, broken engagements, hosting parties, close friends being sent off to the military, Bob Ross type activities, snakes getting loose from their cages during Bob Ross type activities and me freaking the hell out about it, cheating boyfriends, being forced to do shots of cheap tequila from measuring cups because we didn't have shot glasses, college, the tragic death of a dear sweet friend, falling off coolers while attempting to dance on them, the horrors of a first skinny dipping experience and even an unplanned pregnancy that turned out to be the greatest thing ever to happen to my friend.

She is moving away to be with her future husband. I'm so happy for her, but I will miss her deeply. We'll still talk and see each other quite often, as she must bring her daughter down to see her daddy, but it won't be the same.

So, here's to you Ms. Best Times of Dana's Lifer. See you tonight at ladies night. ;)

5 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

Always tough to say goodbye to people. I remember the first big moving party we had. Lots of people showed up, signed a book for him, etc.

'Course, he then wound up not moving, but that's another story.

Deb said...

My best friend in the whole world moved to Indiana 11 years ago. I hated it. But it didn't diminish our relationship one bit. In fact, I think it made it stronger. I miss the days when I'd call her, she would pick up the phone, I'd say, "hi" and she'd say, "I'll be right over." Girl had me down pat.

You'll miss the hell out of her, but she'll always be there. I'll tip one back for you gals tonight.

BrewCards said...

There are a few things that I would suggest.

1. Start hanging out with Ross and become the new Dana and Ms. Best Times of Dana's Lifer.
2. Buy her a an expensive (and gaudy) gold bracelet that says "My Best Bud" on it.
3. Construct a giant poking device that will stretch all the way to her new home. That way you will always be in contact.

UnHoly Diver said...

Hey D..
Were the birds stomping on the roof this morning? ;)
It sucks when a close friend moves away. The one thing you need to do is make sure you keep in touch, no matter what.

Hera said...

Ya'all always crack me up. Which I definitely need this morning; just as long as it's not too loud. ;)

Brew ~ Nice job with the Ugly Naked Guy/Chandler, Ross and Joey references.