Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hello?

Oh my avid readers (I think you exist), I apologize for the weeklong absence of blog entries. It has been a crazy week; everything from insane amounts of work to the flu to the sudden and unexpected passing of a dear friend of the family.

I heard from the potential job and the news was not what I had hoped. For those of you not in the know, it was not so much of a job but more of an internship with a AAA baseball team. In the end, I am actually somewhat flattered by the "too much experience, it's a bit beneath you" reason. I half expected that, but you never know until you try right? What's meant to be will be and I am now shifting my thoughts to other possibilities. The only thing I know for sure is that I am unhappy with the opportunities here and am in dire need of a change in scenery. Where? I'm not sure. I'm not even sure it matters. There's this awesome wall map in the room next to my office; I'm beginning to like the idea of just tossing a dart at the map and moving wherever it lands.

Thank you all again for your well wishes and I'm sure I'll be asking you again when the next interview comes along. And I promise the next blog entry will not be over a week away.

5 comments:

UnHoly Diver said...

Hey D..
I'm sorry you had such a crappy week, hun. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend's loved ones. Hope you feel better soon, too. :)

Cardinal70 said...

I'm telling you, Little Rock would be a great place for you. Good jobs, not a terrible overcrowding problem, only 2 hours from Memphis. What's wrong with that?

Deb said...

Come to Jersey...you'd fit right in. And I do mean that as a compliment.

Oberkfell3B said...

I'd vote for a relocation to the "Motherland". St. Louis!

UnHoly Diver said...

Here's a hint: Keep Lynchburg off your list...