Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I Even Got My Own Dance ...

Well, here we go again; Cardinals vs. the Asteroids in the NLCS. This is the big series right here. I am so nervous about this series. The 'stros are SCARE-EEE! If this series is anything like last year's, I'm not sure the Cardinals can take them again. I can tell you this much though:
1) If I have to listen to Cardinals fans spending the entire series bitching about Izzy, I think I will lose my mind. The guy is a top five closer and he gets the job done. Who gives a shit if he puts a man or two on base, as long as he gets the win. As Harry_Doyle pointed out on CCH, the Cardinals could have Jose Mesa.

2) The Killer Bs and that damn train whistle might be the two most annoying things in Major League Baseball. Here's to hoping the Cardinals pitching staff pulls off excellent starts in Minute Maid Park, because every time I hear that train I'm going to bang my head against the wall.
Can you tell I'm uber worried and uptight about this series? Of course you can tell, because I actually have great respect for Biggio, Bagwell and Berkman. I'm just irritably nervous. (Still hate that damn whistle though.)

I had a very enjoyable weekend. Visited my brother and sister-in-law in Memphis. We had plenty to keep us busy. My sister-in-law and I, of course, shopped, we ate lots of scrumdiddlyumscious Southern food, watched the playoffs games and generally had a family bonding, merry old time.

... "The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump".

3 comments:

Deb said...

Izzy sucks. Just kidding!

BrewCards said...

I'm crazy.
Allow me to amaze thee.
They say I'm ugly but it just don't faze me.

Cardinal70 said...

While if the Astros were playing anyone else in the NLCS I'd be rooting for them, I hope they go out in 4--I hate close series.

And the Izzy talk could get a little aggrevating, but if he didn't feed the fire, I'd appreciate it.