Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Black Magic Woman

Have I mentioned that I hate Barroids B*nds? The man is the disgusting, yellow deodorant stain on the underarm of Major League Baseball.

If the Giants end up edging out the Padres in the NL West, I might have to boycott the entire postseason. Even if it means forfeiting my rights to watch my beloved Cardinals play October baseball. I can't take another round of the "let's put the Mayor of Cheaterroidjerkvilleton on a national stage and applaud him" game.

If and when he finally passes the Great Bambino on the all time homerun list, I think I will be forced to lock myself in my bedroom and cry for an entire day. No way does this man deserve to be mentioned in the same baseball lore as the Babe. If only he could be forced into retirement immediately after he hits 713; that would be sweet poetic justice.


Perhaps I should dust off the ole gris gris. I haven't had to use it since 2003, but a little black magic could be in order. ... You all thought Steve Bartman was just a freak thing with a non-thinking fan, didn't you? ;)

5 comments:

BrewCards said...

Take a deep breath. Put the chicken bones, the cauldron, and the candles back in the closet. The Padres put another nail on the coffin of the Giants last night. A San Diego win today or tomorrow over the Giants will end it. B*nds will go home early again. You can get your goodies out again next spring.

The man is running out of time, but I could see B*nds DHing until he is 50 or however long it takes him to get that record.

Cardinal70 said...

Yep, if SD wins today, Bonds won't do much playing the rest of the year as well.

I'm with you, though, Dana. If he never hit another HR, it'd be fine with me.

Hera said...

lol. Thanks for the reassuring words guys. He's still a pit stain though. :)

BrewCards said...

Bonds and the Giants can go home now. They have been eliminated!

Deb said...

No need to put away the chicken and the cauldron...we do still have to deal with the boys in the admin forum. : )